August 13, 2020
COVID-19 Update: What You Need to Know Before Your Appointment
Our team prioritizes your health and safety. We have progressively adapted our services and safety measures in line with state standards throughout the pandemic.
Please note the following:
- Our office is fully open for in-office appointments and both elective and emergent surgeries. Dr. Backous and Morgan Kriz, our Vestibular Physical Therapist, are also continuing to offer telemedicine and video conferencing with patients as an alternative to in-office visits.
- All patients will be required to wear a face mask to their appointment and keep their mask on for the entire visit unless the provider needs to evaluate the mouth or nose.
- All staff and providers will wear necessary protective equipment.
- Extra cleaning on equipment, waiting rooms and all clinic rooms is being performed for your safety.
- To limit the number of people in the clinic we ask that only the patient enters the clinic.
What do I need to do before my appointment?
First you will fill out a new patient inquiry on our website www.pugetsoundent.com to request an appointment or call our office at (425) 775-6651 to schedule your appointment. If your appointment is scheduled at least three days in advance, you will be sent the paperwork and forms your need for your visit electronically through Phreesia via text message or email. This program allows you to fill out all of your information and paperwork online prior to your appointment. If you have a copay for the appointment, you will be able to pay on Phreesia before your visit. This enables patients to skip in-person contact with the front desk. We will only be allowing the patient to come into the office for their appointment to limit additional exposure of providers and patients. In special circumstances, including hearing-impaired patients and minors, the patient can have one person accompany them to the appointment.
What do I need to do when I arrive at Puget Sound ENT?
Please arrive on time for your appointment. You will be screened for COVID-19 outside the clinic door before you enter the clinic. Please wear your mask into the office. We will take your temperature and ask you a few questions. The front desk will then confirm that your paperwork has been completed through Phreesia.
If you have not paid your copay in advance, you will do this now at the front desk before entering the exam room. We accept credit/debit cards and checks up to $200. We are no longer able to accept cash.
Once you are in the room, the medical assistant will verify your medical history and take your vitals.
Then, the provider will enter for your appointment and evaluation. If medication needs to be prescribed, the provider will do this in the room with you and the medication will be sent directly to your preferred pharmacy.
If you need a follow-up appointment or surgery, the front desk will call you to after you leave to schedule.