John T. Parker, M.D.
General ENT - Adult + Pediatric, Nasal + Sinus Surgery, Surgical Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Dr. John Parker earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois-Chicago in 1983. He completed a one-year internship in general surgery at the University of Illinois in 1984 and his residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Illinois in 1988. Dr. Parker obtained board certification in otolaryngology in 1989.
Dr. Parker practiced in Fort Collins, Colorado for two years and then continued has westward migration and relocated his practice to the Seattle area in 1990. For nearly 30 years he has practiced general otolaryngology offering his patients high-quality, patient focused care, covering all aspects of otolaryngology. His areas of clinical focus include the treatment of nasal and sinus disease, diagnosis and treatment of head and neck masses, surgical treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, and treatment of ear disease and hearing loss.
In 2017, Dr. Parker became the first physician in Washington State to offer Inspire treatment to patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. The Inspire device is a fully implantable nerve stimulator which works to prevent airway obstruction during sleep. The device has proven to be a highly successful, well tolerated, elegant treatment for patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. Dr. Parker is the most experienced Inspire surgeon in the Pacific Northwest.
- Alaska Sleep Medicine Conference, 3/3/2019 – Five year follow up on obstructive sleep apnea patients treated with Inspire implant
- Seattle Science Foundation, 3/7/2019 – Seattle Otology and Advanced Rhinology Course, Hypoglossal nerve stimulation in the treatment of sleep apnea
- Volunteer Surgeon with the Oregon and Washington Chapter of Healing the Children Foundation
- Member at American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Member at Northwest Academy of Otolaryngology
- Resident Research Award, University of Illinois Department of Otolaryngology
- C.A.R.E. Award for exemplary patient care from University of Illinois
- Parker, JT, Lahmeyer N:Maprotiline Poisoning: A Case of Cardiotoxicity and Myclonic Seizures. J Chin Psych 45 (7): 312-314, 1984
- Grybauskas V, Parker JT, Freidman M: Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma. Oto Clin N AM Aug. 1986
- Parker, JT, Hill, JH: Panendoscopy in Screening for Synchronous Primary Cancers. Accepted for publication by the Laryngoscope.